Monday, October 15, 2007

First craft show was a dud. :(

I wish I could tell you my first craft show was wonderful but I cannot. There were great things about it but overall I came home discouraged.
I met some great people. I met people who read my blog, see me in flickr and fellow etsy sellers. The organizer was a very accommodating wonderful woman who recruited the women in her family to help us anyway possible. The problem was we had no shoppers. I think maybe 20 people from the outside showed up. I sold a few inexpensive earrings and a way underpriced bracelet and that was it.
I had over 25 pillows and 24 shirts and many other items to sell that needed to be unpacked and then repacked for the 3 hour drive home. I was hoping to have sold some of these bulky items. My items seem well received but just not enough real shoppers there.
I hesitate to try again but I know I have to get out there and hit the right show with people ready to buy.
My husband kindly hinted that I make things that are not so difficult to carry and take up so much room. :) - gotta love him.

craftsfromtheheart.etsy.com

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

fernfiddlehead said...

I once was at a fair where I sold absolutely nothing. And there were a lot of people there. It was years ago and I wasn't selling anything like what I have in my etsy shop. I was extremely disappointed. The organizers didn't do a good job advertising, it sounds like.

pso Design said...

Sorry to hear it didn't go well. Please don't get discouraged. We've all been there :) I always think of poor shows as a learning tool and plan for my next show. I've also tried to schedule my shows close to home so I don't have a lot of travel time invested.

BTW...Happy Etsyversary!

Unknown said...

What a shame! Sorry it didn't go so well. I haven't attempted to do a craft show yet. You are brave for trying it out!

Shannon said...

So sorry to hear that. My first was an absolute bust! Good luck on the NEXT one!